- Position: Waiter/ess
- Reports to: dining room manager
- Hours: 40 hours a week, changing shift pattern
The following details are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed. The intention is not to make an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required for the job to be performed.
The waiter will assist the manager in all activities within the dining room and bar required to give high quality service.
You must speak English and Spanish. Interviews will be conducted in Spanish and English.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare the room before service.
- Serving our clients in the manner indicated.
- Help maintain the reservations book.
- Assist the manager with cost control and monitoring of suppliers.
- Assume command if the manager is not present.
- Assist the manager in health and safety and all that pertains to the dining room and bar.
- Maintenance and cleaning of work areas.
- Make recommendations for maintenance, repairs and other aspects of the bar and front of house, such as equipment etc. Report all damages or breakages to the manager.
- Prepare reports, pricing for groups, and other administrative actions as assigned.
- Attending day to day problems and needs concerning equipment and suppliers; detect the products in disrepair, detect errors suppliers and / or poor or poor condition.
- Thoroughly carry out assigned duties.
- Promote and represent the restaurant in public events.
Knowledge and skills required
- Knowledge of food, wine and drinks
- Ability to understand and follow specific instructions and procedures
- Knowledge of service and customer care
- Ability to read, understand, follow and enforce safety standards
- Knowledge of maintenance and care of a dining room, equipment, supplies etc.
- Knowledge of organizational structure, workflow, and operating procedures in a restaurant
- Ability to maintain and control quality
- Computer literacy
How to apply
Send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with contact details and we will contact you to arrange an interview.
Please do not come to the restaurant without an appointment, and do not call during our opening hours.